Monday, March 14, 2011

100 Random Things About Myself......

(I got this idea from my friend Rachel's blog. It looked like fun! Enjoy!)

1. I am the 2nd of 4 kids.
2. I have an older sister and a younger brother and younger sister.
3. I am a typical "middle child" and do not like to "rock the boat."
4. I was born in Canada. We lived in Michigan just across the border and back in 1976 you could come and go as you please.
5. I have duel citizenship. I am a US citizen because both of my parents are US citizens and Canadian citizen by birth.
6. I have green eyes which I hated when I was growing up because my older sister use to call me "green eyed cat," but I like them now. 
7.  I was home schooled.
8. I went to school grade K-3 & 7-9 and was home schooled the rest of the time.
9. I tried going back to school during my senior year and got about 6 weeks before I realized it was a waste of my time.
10. I played soccer and ran track growing up.
11. I played sweeper in soccer.
12. I ran the 440 and 440 hurdles in track.
13. I was coached by an Olympic Gold Medalist for track.
14. With track, I went to the Junior Olympics for the 440 hurdles.
15. I stopped running track because it made me too nervous.
16. I would throw up after every race.
17. I played soccer throughout college.
18. I went to three different colleges.
19. I started off at Covenant College in Georgia...
20. ...then transferred to Bryan College in Tennessee...
21. ...and I ended up graduating from Belhaven College in Mississippi.
22. I have a B.S. in Psychology.
23. I graduated Summa Cum Laude.
24. I have a Masters Degree in Human Services (Marriage and Family Therapy emphasis) from Liberty University.
25. When we went to my graduation I was 7 weeks pregnant and hoping to get through the ceremony without being sick!
26. Glenn Beck was our graduation speaker.
27. He waved to me when he was walking on stage to speak.
28. I waved first.
29. I loved the New Kids on the Block when I was in 8th and 9th grade...
30. ...and I even went to their reunion concert in October of 2008 with my little sister. (Good times!)
31. My favorite New Kid was Jordan
32. My room was COVERED wall to wall with posters (I can't believe my mom allowed it!)
33. I love to travel.
34. I have been to England, Hawaii, & the Caribbean.
35. Hawaii is my favorite place to visit.
36. I have driven cross country three times (all three times I had kids with me; last time I was 13 weeks     pregnant, too).
37. My favorite color is green.
38. My favorite movie is a tie between How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and Gone With the Wind.
39. I love to sing along to Disney movies with our girls.
40. I was raised Presbyterian.
41. I converted to the Catholic faith in 2001.
42. I love the richness of the Catholic church and realize daily how blessed we are.
43. I met my husband online on a Catholic singles website.
44. He was in California and I was in Tennessee.
45. We married on July 10th.
46. We got married on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.
47. We honeymooned in Hawaii, on Oahu and Kauai.
48. Between my husband and I we have 7 children.
49. The ages are 21, 18, 14, 12, 6, 4, & 10 weeks.
50. My sisters are my best friends.
51. I love old movies.
52. I love to read (although I have not been able to read much this year).
53. My favorite genre is biographies.
54. I love history - especially American history.
55. I have a secret crush healthy interest in Thomas Jefferson.
56. We live a very "natural" lifestyle.
57. We eat organic food whenever possible.
58. We practice homeopathy and very rarely (if ever) go to the doctor.
59. I do not immunize my children.
60. I had a home water birth with my last baby (attended by a midwife).
61. I use cloth diapers most of the time. (Sweet Pea doesn't seem to like them. She HATES being wet, even in disposables, but with cloth I am changing her ALL THE TIME!!!)
62. I drive a blue minivan.
63. I used to drive a red convertible (before kids!)
64. I love to cook.
65. I wish I had enough room for a garden (either flower or vegetable).
66. I am NOT an animal person.
67. I only like dogs in pictures.
68. I have allergies to dogs and cats.
69. I do NOT like camping, hiking, fishing, or roughing it in any type of manner. (I tried camping once and went home to my bed when it got dark!)
70. My husband spoils me.
71. I can be a brat.
72. I am stubborn.
73. I have a temper.
74. I come from a long line of strong-willed, opinionated women.
75. It looks like the line will continue with all THREE of my girls :)
76. I have lived in six different states.
77. Growing up we moved every 18 months to 2 years from the time I was 7.
78. My name is a family name.
79. My Aunt, Grandmother, & Great-Grandmother all had the name Roxaline.
80. My favorite candy is Red Vines (UMMMMM - Red Vines!)
81. I wear contact lenses.
82. I am introverted.
83. My favorite class in high school was Chemistry.
84. My favorite class in college was Psychological Testing
85. My favorite class in Graduate school was Group Counseling.
86. I do not like being cold.
87. I HATE snow (except on Christmas!)
88.One place I would like to visit is Fiji
89. Another is Paris
90. I want to learn to speak Italian.
91. I had blond hair when I was little.
92. My childhood pet was named Heidi
93. She was a German Shepherd
94. I wish I was more patient.
95. I wish I had more time in the day to spend with my family.
96. I wish people wouldn't be so mean to each other....
97. ...especially family.
98. I love my life!
99. I think this was the hardest post to write.
100. I must be VERY boring! 

3 comments:

Josette said...

no kidding you had a water birth? I can't seem to birth in the water, it slows my labor down.

I don't think it was boring...if I made one up it would be boring!

Roxaline said...

I hadn't planned on having a water birth. I was just going to get in the tub to help take the edge off the contractions. When it came time to push I decided to just stay!

It took me 4 DAYS to think of 100 things! I guess I thought if I was interesting it wouldn't have taken so long :)

I would love to read one about you! But like I said it took me a LONG time.

Rachel said...

I loved it! It's always fun to learn so much about someone.