Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tie Dyed Sacred Heart T-Shirts


This week we had our Little Flowers meeting. It is the second to the last for the year. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone. Princess was in Wreath 1 of Little Flowers last year and when we moved I was hoping to find a new group (mostly so I didn’t have to do it myself!). I was very lucky to have found a group at a near by Catholic School. The only minor problem was that this was their first year and they would be starting with Wreath 1. I didn’t mind that Princess repeated the Wreath since she was just in Kindergarten last year and I don’t know how much she got out of the lessons. She could join this group with other K-1 graders and continue on with them through the next 3 years. She was VERY excited, and didn’t mind one bit that all the girls wanted to look at all her patches on her sash!

This week they learned about St. Francis Xavier Cabrini and the virtue of Industry. It always amazes me how much more Princess understands just from last year. She is now answering questions and remembering what is being talked about during the lessons. (I take Cowgirl with me to the meetings and even paid to have her do the crafts, but other then that she doesn’t have much interest. (She is very shy and I think the other little girls intimidate her.)

This week we tied died Sacred Heart T-shirts. I was VERY impressed. Our leader Ms. Lisa was able to get 30 little girls grades K-3 to tie dye with very little problems. (That is a feat in itself.)  She had half the girls tie off the shirts and then they went outside to dye while the second half tied their shirts. She even had rubber gloves and trash bag smocks for each girl. They ALL had so much fun and the shirts turned out GREAT! I was even able to tie dye a Onesie for Sweet Pea. 

 I was only able to get 1 picture of Cowgirl (and you can't even see her shirt) because she then decided to have a 4 year old melt down and refused to take anymore pictures.
Look at that chin! You can tell she is WELL fed! 

 Ignore the hair! You know I can only do one thing a day and her hair is a project in itself!

Don't you just LOVE those cheeks!

2 comments:

Josette said...

what cool shirts! I hope to start a "Little flowers club when mary is older. For now, I gather ideas! Your children are beautiful!!!

Roxaline said...

Thanks Josette! We LOVE Little Flowers. I was so glad to find a group. I didn't want to put her into Girl Scouts. Nothing against them except I can do a year end Tea Party before I can do camping!