Friday, March 4, 2011

What I have been up to.

 On Sunday February 13th, our little Sweet Pea was born into the Catholic Church through the Sacrament of Baptism. I was a little disappointed that this church doesn't perform Baptisms during Mass (instead they do them between the Masses), but Fr. Bertin did such a WONDERFUL job that it made up for the disappointment.  I was not raised Catholic and no body else in my  family is  Catholic so Father Bertin took the extra time to explain what he was doing and why. It was a learning experience for me as well.

 Here are some pictures: (Although she looks so sweet and peaceful in the pictures she cried during most of the ceremony. Father was so sweet he just said "It is her day she can cry all she wants!")





 My younger sister and our oldest son were the Godparents. The dress she wore was a gown that belonged to my Grandmother she would of turned 100 on February 9, 2011. My two older girls also wore the same gown when they were baptized. I make each of them a bonnet out of a vintage handkerchief which they will then be able to carry on their wedding day!

I love the picture below with Fr. Bertin holding her. It is so sweet!


I held a little Reception after the Baptism for my family that were able to attend. The cake turned out BEAUTIFUL and tasted just as wonderful as it looked.
  

2 comments:

Josette said...

what a beautiful day for you and what a lovely little lady you've got there!! Love the cake!

Roxaline said...

Thanks Josette! It did turn out to be a very nice day day!