Monday, April 18, 2011

Daybook: Holy Week 2011



Outside my window..... it is brisk this morning, but the sun is shining. I think it is supposed to be sunny & warm. A nice change from all the rain. However, the rain has made everything so GREEN!

I am listening too..... Maisy on TV. I am trying to keep Sweet Pea occupied while I finish this post.

I am wishing thinking..... that family would get along!

I am thankful..... that Princess did a good job during her dance recital. She said she was only nervous a little when she first got on stage, but she had lots of fun and even asked when she got to perform again.

From the kitchen...... Nothing major for the next couple of days. I am taking the next two days to clean for Easter.

From the learning room..... We are on Spring Break of Holy Week and Easter. We will return the Tuesday after Easter.

Living the Liturgical Year at home..... We didn't get around to doing much yesterday for Palm Sunday, but that is fine. We are continuing our Jesus Tree and getting ready for the Triduum.

I am creating...... a CLEAN house :)

I am reading...... Blogs! There are SO many neat ones out there and I keep finding more and more and more!

Pondering these words...... "If it should happen, may it never be so, that an occasion of trouble or scandal should arise between sister and sister through a word or gesture, let her who was the cause of the trouble, before offering the gift of her prayer to the Lord, not only prostrate herself humble at once at the feet of the other and ask pardon, but also beg her simply to intercede for her to the Lord that He forgive her."  ~ St. Clare of Assisi

Noticing that..... Lent is almost over! How could it have gone by so fast! I didn't accomplish half of what I wanted, but what we did accomplish we have been blessed greatly!

Towards personal care (and exercise)......  UGH! I have been convicted by Rachel's blog, but I think I am waiting till AFTER Easter. I can't give up Feasting on this major Feast Day!

Around the house...... Palms, Palms, Palms! We got a lot of Palms yesterday at church. I don't know how we ended up with so many! I think I might of picked up "extras" along the way! But our house is covered and I LOVE it!

On keeping home..... I am cleaning and organizing the upstairs today and the downstairs tomorrow. Since we just moved a month ago it should be pretty organized and not that dirty. This is perfect since Sweet Pea doesn't let me put her down for more than 15 - 20 minutes at a time.

One of my favorite things...... HOLY WEEK! I love this time of year and all the excitement leading up to Easter.

A few plans for the rest of the week......

Monday & Tuesday: Clean, clean, clean
Wednesday: Seder Meal at Church (we are bringing our Lamb Cake)
Thursday: Holy Thursday Tea and Mass at Church
Friday: Good Friday Tea and Stations of Cross at Church. ( I don't think we will make it to Veneration of Cross since they all start so late)  :(
Saturday: Decorate for Easter, get Lilies, color eggs, make Resurrection Cookies.

A picture thought I'm sharing.....

No comments: