Monday, April 11, 2011

My Daybook : April 11, 2011

Outside my window... The sun is beginning to shine. I think it is going to be another HOT day. We have been in the mid to upper 80's the past three days!


I am listening to... Quiet right now - except for the occasional turning of the newspaper page by my husband.
I am thinking... I need to get my hair cut. It is getting very thick and needs to be thinned out. My only problem is when to find the time!

I am thankful... That the weather has gotten better and we haven't have rain/storms for the past couple of days. However, I wish we were having spring temperatures instead of summer!


From the kitchen... Banana Splits. Each week I let Princess and/or Cowgirl pick out what will be our dessert for Sunday when the boys come over for dinner. This week Princess picked Banana Splits. She has been eyeing the Marshmallow Fluff since we got it Wednesday and asking if it was time to make banana splits. Yesterday I finally got to say YES! They were very good! 


From the learning rooms... This is our last week till after Easter. I love having Holy Week off to focus on planning and organizing, but it makes for a long time from Christmas Break! After we come back from our Spring Break we only have 4 more weeks - my how the time has flown!


Living the Liturgical Year at Home... We have been diligently doing our readings for the Jesus Tree. I think reading them at Breakfast has made it easier to keep up with them. Saturday of this week is Pope Benedict's 84th Birthday. We will be Celebrating with Brats and Red Velvet cupcakes. YUM!
I am creating... Ideas for the 50 days of Easter!
I am reading...
 A neat book that I borrowed from our Parish book shelf called Personalities in the Gospel Story by Mother Mary Simeon. It is an older book published in 1963, but the chapters are short and I am able to read one each time I put Sweet Pea to bed. Pondering these words... "Let all brothers be careful not to slander or engage in disputes; let them strive, instead, to keep silence whenever God gives them the grace." ~ St. Francis of Assisi Noticing that... Sweet Pea sleeps better in her Moses Basket. I have been putting her in there the past couple nights and while she still wakes up every two -three hours to eat she is not so squirmy in between. I think she was getting hot sleeping next to me. I know I was!

Towards personal care (and exercise!)... I have been trying to get out and walk. It seems like whenever I get the energy and motivation I will put Sweet Pea in her stroller and she will start crying. A couple of times I even got halfway down the road and had to carry her back while pushing the stroller.
Around the house... Things are starting to calm down from the move. Almost everything has found a "home" and we are getting use to our new surroundings.

On keeping home...  The house needs a good clean. I will probably do the bear minimum this week and get down and dirty for next week just in time for Easter.

One of my favorite things...  Morning Coffee. I don't know what I would do without it :)
A few plans for the rest of the week: Princess has her first Dance Recital next Sunday and her Dress Rehearsal is Saturday. She is very excited. She even HAS to wear make-up!
A Picture thought I am sharing: One of my sleeping beauties!




No comments: