Thursday, April 21, 2011

Top 10 Reasons Why I Home School My Children


10. I was home schooled growing up and it seems natural to me to home school my children.

9.  I want my children to have time for extra-curricular activities without being overly tired from being at school all day. 

8. I want to be able to take trips as a family throughout the school year without being bound by a school calendar and attendance.

7. I want my children to be children first and not get burnt out or stressed out worrying about grades, tests, projects, and/or homework.

6. I want my children to be best friends with their siblings.

5. I want my family to come first not school.

4. I want my children to be parent oriented not peer oriented.

3. I want to be in control of what my children learn and when they learn it not a group of people who do not know my child.

2. I want my children to have a Catholic education that is faithful to the Magisterium.

1. I LOVE having my children around me and I can't imagine them being gone for 8 or more hours EVERY day!

2 comments:

Debi said...

These are great...I had been thinking about doing a similar post, since there are so many that do not understand. Most of your reasons are mine as well!

Rachel said...

Great list! Isn't it crazy how foreign "real" school seems when you were homeschooled? I can't imagine sending my kids away for that long every day, but I know it's totally normal to do so!