Sunday, May 29, 2011

35 things I have learned in my 35 years!

I know it has been a while since I posted, I have had a case of writer's block and didn't feel like I had anything worthwhile to blog about (not that this posting is worthy of any literary awards). However, I turned 35 yesterday. I feel as if I have some how "arrived" in my life and I wanted to share some of the many, many things I have learned. If only I had known then what I know now!!!

1. Life doesn't always turn out the way you planned it would.
2. I am stronger then I ever thought I was or could be.
3. You can't control what other do only what you do.
4. Call a spade a spade.
5. Don't sweat the small stuff.
6. Don't worry about the mountain in the future because when you finally get there it might be gone.
7. God works everything out for good.
8. Happiness is a state of mind not circumstances.
9. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love my children.
10. Your children are only little for a short time, keep them close to you as much as you can.
11. Family is EVERYTHING!
12. My sisters are my BEST friends!.
13. Men and women are different.
14. I will never FULLY understand my husband.
15. It is OK that I don't FULLY understand my husband.
16. Don't care about what others think.
17. I am OK by myself.
18. God completes me!
19. I don't ever want to change the past because it has made me who I am today.
20. If you don't bend during the storm you will break.
21. Have dreams but realize that God's plans are better then your dreams.
22. Tell you children how much you love them.
23. Never put material goods and possession over your kids.
24. Never wake a sleeping baby!
25. Even if you make mistakes you (and your kids) will be OK.
26. Life goes on.
27. God give us rules to ensure not hinder our happiness.
28. Laugh a lot.
29. Cry a lot.
30. Memories are more precious then things.
31. Mediocre is OK
32. Be everything to somebody instead of one thing to everybody.
33. Naps are good.
34. Sometimes the only thing that will make it better is shopping & chocolate!
35. Tomorrow is another day!

6 comments:

Gardenia said...

a lovely list Roxaline. Happy 35th!

KY ICU NURSE said...

Love this!!!! And you are my best friend too!!!!!!!

Debi said...

Beautiful!!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! Great list!

Josette said...

happy birthday...great list!!

Tiffany said...

Love this and Birthday Blessings to you! Enjoy each day...I'll be 45 this year and the last 10 years have flown by!