Monday, May 2, 2011

My Daybook: May 2, 2011


Outside my window..... Sun is shining and it is cool, but we should be up to 81 today. With more rain in the forecast. At least these storms will not be as bad as the ones that hit us last week! On a positive note, all the rain is making everything so GREEN!

I am listening too..... Princess reading to Cowgirl! This one of my favorite things!

I am thinking..... of the many, many blog posts that I want to write. I hope I can find the time!

I am thankful..... that we did not receive any damage from the storms. It could have been much worse if any of the storms would have simply veered a different direction.

From the kitchen...... Trying to decide what to have for dinner. Was going to do breakfast, but I don't know if I am feeling that???

From the learning room..... 3 more weeks!  

Living the Liturgical Year at home..... We had our first Garden of Good Shepherd Party yesterday! It went very well. I will try to post pictures later today.

I am (wanting to )create...... another dress for the girls. I made the girls each one of these dresses this time last year and they are both fitting a little snug. I am hoping to make each of them a new dress, but at the very least I will pass down Princess' to Cowgirl and make a new one for Princess and hopefully Sweet Pea. They go together pretty fast once they are cut out. We will see!

I am (STILL) reading...... The Flipside of Feminism by Suzanne Venker & Phyllis Schlafly. I am really enjoying it and will do a review as soon as I am finished.

Pondering these words......  "Osama bin Laden is dead!" I don't know how to feel about this? I one hand I am glad that justice was served and HE can't hurt anybody else, but on the other hand I am fearful that there will be retaliation! 

Noticing that..... Allegra is helping Cowgirl's eczema. I had her on Claritin and didn't seem like it was making much difference. I changed to Allegra (because I had a coupon) and her eczema is clearing up. Not perfect but better! YEAH!! Anybody who has a child with eczema knows what a battle it is and how demoralizing it can be.

Towards personal care (and exercise)......  Well.....This week had ups and downs. Downside: I didn't loose any weight. Upside: I didn't gain any weight. I tried really watching what I ate and making better choices, but my milk still DROPPED! Which made for a long and fussy week. My new goal is to only eat sugary snacks (which are my vice) on Sundays when I make dessert. Oh! I have been exercising daily which makes me feel better. (Baby steps, Baby steps)

Around the house...... Easter candy is GONE! I didn't get much this year, but it is now officially gone. No more temptations.

On keeping home..... Need to get started with weekly cleaning. Those of you with multiple children, how to you keep the house clean. Do you clean weekly, bi-weekly, monthly? Do you have a schedule or list? I need HELP!

One of my favorite things...... Spending Sundays with the boys. We have instituted a weekly dinner (very Gilmore Girls of us) and I love having everybody back home. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...... 

Monday: Engineer's 19th Birthday!
Friday: Cowgirl Baptism Day
Sunday: 2nd Garden of Good Shepherd Party and Mother's Day.

A picture thought I'm sharing..... the dresses I made last year (as usual ignore the hair!). Both of the dresses are not about 3 inches shorter on them! STOP GROWING SO FAST!


2 comments:

Debi said...

We have breakfast on the menu for dinner here tonight too...I'm with you...not feeling it!

Roxaline said...

We ended up having fish n chips. Not much better.