Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My new FAVORITE place!

Since downsizing back in March, I have been looking for various ways to save money. This included not eating out as much, finding FREE things to do on the weekends, renting a movie from redbox instead of going to the movies, etc, etc. I had started shopping at Walmart to try to keep our grocery bill down especially now that it is summer and we have another mouth to feed (a BIG 19 year old boy mouth!) However, I HATE Walmart. I don't even think HATE is a strong enough word. Every time I go into Walmart I am reminded (numerous times) as to why I don't like shopping there. Yet, I continued to bite the bullet in the name of cheaper prices. UNTIL NOW!!!!! My new FAVORITE grocery store is........

Thanks to Debi's post I started to look deeper into what is Aldi. I have passed this store a number of times in the past, but never thought much about it. Since looking into what was so special about this store I decided to give it a try. So this morning I set out with three kids in tow to see if I could save money. Let me tell you I was more then pleasantly surprised. Everything in the store was either the same price as Walmart or CHEAPER! Milk - $2.99! Eggs - $1.09! Coffee - $3.99! English Muffins - $.99! WOW!
I am hooked! While there were some things I couldn't get (Victoria is wearing size 2 diapers and the smallest they carry is size 3) and the Jiffy pizza crust that the family LOVES! I can always send hubby to the Walmart down the street to get those! Overall, it saved me MUCH time, money, & sanity which in this family is a BIG deal!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Awesome, so glad you discovered Aldi awesomeness too!!! YAY!!

Rachel said...

Cool! We have those in Bham, but none close to me. Chris goes to one near his work every now and then. I need to give it a try sometime!!

Josette said...

don't have that here..boy, am I bummed!