Monday, August 22, 2011

I think I deserve some sort of award!

I have been very busy this past weekend. My sis-in-law (love you Mellissa) gave me some wonderful tomatoes from her tomato plants! I wish I would have taken a picture of how many there were, but I forgot. Here is my final product:

(impressive isn't it!?)

I was able to make 6 jars of tomato sauce and 3 jars of diced tomatoes! This was my first time canning and I was a little tentative at first. However, by the second batch I was a "PRO." My husband was quite impressed as well! (I just hope they taste as good as they look!) Betty Crocker, I will be waiting for my homemaker of the year award!

5 comments:

Hunie said...

That is wonderful! I just canned tomato sauce and plan to can some salsa next weekend!
Congrats to you!

Roxaline said...

The next time I want to make salsa!

KY ICU NURSE said...

I have a great recipe for salsa....btw Betty says the award is in the mail ;)

Rachel @ Grasping for Objectivity said...

Impressive!!! My mom used to can - I am so not a canner. I wish I was, though!

Hunie said...

Salsa is fantastic!