Friday, August 12, 2011

Meet Emma



This is Emma Elizabeth our middle daughter. Emma is 4 1/2. She was born January 8, 2007. (Does anybody know who else was born on January 8th? ) Emma got her name from the movie Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow (yes, I know that Emma is a book by Jane Austen but I have never read the book). I was watching Emma right after I found out I was pregnant and decided then and there that if I was having a girl her name would be Emma Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my middle name and since I KNEW I wasn't going to have anymore babies I decided to name her after me (naive wasn't I). It is a good thing she was a girl because I couldn't come up with a boys name for the life of me!



Emma was my fastest birth of all my babies. I didn't start having contractions until 10 pm and I didn't get to the hospital until 2:30 in the morning. She was born less then 90 minutes later!



Emma is my "little me." She is very much a mama's girl and can be very clingy. I am so glad I home school because I don't think she would go to school without me. She can also be painfully shy, especially in group situations. However, when she is one on one or in a group that she is comfortable with she is quite talkative and outgoing. Unlike her older sis, she does NOT like to be the center of attention. The running joke in the family is that Emma will never be a prima ballerina for the simple reason that she would not get on stage by herself. However, she would be just fine being part of the corps.



Emma has a temper and can be "mean as a snake." She doesn't like to be teased or joked with and she will let you know (usually by screaming) to leave her alone. She is quite stubborn and not easily swayed once her mind is set (we don't have to worry about peer pressure with her!). She also is not as empathetic as Brianna is and therefore I can't use the "you don't want to make Jesus and Mary sad do you?" argument when parenting her. She will simply say "I don't care!"



Emma is very creative! She loves to draw and color and will do so for hours on end. She is able to play by herself for long periods of time and doesn't need to be entertained. She learned how to write her name at the young age of 3 and is very good at copying words that she sees. (This is all without any prompting on my side.)



Even though Emma doesn't like to be the center of attention she is quite funny! In fact, I would say she is  THE funniest person in our family! She is always saying or doing the silliest things that make you laugh. However, because she is so shy if you do laugh at her she immediately says "Don't laugh at me!" and goes and pouts!



Emma is also the fashionista of the family. She lives to pick out clothes, shoes, and accessories. She is the first to notice if I have my hair done or if I am dressed up, and will then immediately tell me how beautiful I look! I usually can't go wrong if I ask her opinion on which outfit to wear.



Emma is the child who was not in my "plan" for my life! However, God knew what he was doing and I am forever thankful that He decided to go against what I thought my life should be! I always say that He has big things planned for this little girl!

3 comments:

KY ICU NURSE said...

Aunt Char Loves her too!!!! God definately has wonderful plans for all these children!!!!! He know so much better than you or I what we needed!!!!!

Roxaline said...

I agree! We have been blessed to have such wonderful children!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Blessings.