Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Daybook:: October 4, 2011:: Feast of St. Francis



Outside my window..... The sun is raising and there is a nice chill in the air. We have had some lovely fall weather the past couple of weeks and I hope that it stays for a while longer.

I am listening too..... Fox News & girls arguing talking downstairs.

I am thinking..... I really wishing that it was Thursday and Andrew was coming home! Being a single mom is NO fun!

I am thankfull..... that the Lord answered our prayers and Andrew is starting his new job!

From the kitchen...... I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow so the cupboards are bare. I do have the ingredients to make Jambalaya which is what we will be having for dinner.

From the learning room..... We started our 2nd six weeks period this week and will be learning about Pilgrims and Colonial Life, Pablo Picasso, & Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. 

Living the Liturgical Year at home..... Today is the Feast Day of St. Francis. I am hoping to find something little to incorporate into our day. It has been hard to get much of anything done with a crawling baby! I don't know how you women do it!!!

I am creating...... Plans for our first meeting for Wreath 2 of Little Flowers. The group that we were attending decided not to do it again this year so I am venturing on my own with just my two girls. It will be fine, but it sure was nice to let somebody else do the work for a change :)

I am reading...... I haven't had to read much this year. With Brianna reading fluently I was able to get her to read many of the books to Emma. This sure has helped a lot especially with a wiggly baby!

Pondering these words...... ‎"If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?" --Mother Theresa

Noticing that..... I am MORE productive with Andrew gone! I guess it is because I know I HAVE to be. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done!

Towards personal care (and exercise)......  I am back to counting my calories! I want to loose this last baby weight so that I can fit into my Christmas skirt! I am also trying to take a walk everyday with the girls!  

Around the house...... Packing AGAIN! We will be moving into a new house soon!!! YEAH!!

On keeping home..... With Andrew being gone ALL the housework has fallen to me! I got a little spoiled with him around so much. I am now trying to get back onto a schedule of cleaning, laundry, etc.

One of my favorite things...... Cooking for a large family! It is so much more difficult to come up with what to have for dinner when I am cooking for just me and the girls! With Andrew gone it just doesn't make sense to cook a full meal. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...... 

  • Finish up school
  • Grocery Shopping on Wednesday
  • Pick up Andrew from Airport on Thursday
  • Our First Little Flowers meeting for Wreath 2 on Friday!


A picture thought(s) I'm sharing..... Victoria is getting SOOO big! She is pulling up on EVERYTHING!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoiled indeed! haha
I love that picture of Victoria...I can't wait to see her once this soccer season is over!
<3
Em

Roxaline said...

Spoiledness runs in the family....doesn't it dear sister ;) I guess I was "lucky" enough to find a husband who keeps enabling this quality!!!

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...

Okay, I had to delete my previous comment...it didn't express my thoughts properly.

I think our hubbys are very similar!! God knows that I need all the help I can get!!!

Josette said...

awe, what a cutie she is!! Wow what profound saying from Mother Teresa...I was dumbstruck with it.

I hope to start a Little Flowers club in a few years...hopefully!!