Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Today has been a mixture of emotion. It is always a fun day to celebrate with my wonderful children here on earth. The girls are always so anxious to wish me a happy Mother's day and to take extra care to help out in whatever way then can. I also look forward to phone calls from our boys and well wishes from family miles away.

However,this year mother's day holds some sadness in that I am not awaiting the arrival of a new little one. I have more than once today thought of my sweet Micah and how far along I would be had I not miscarried. I have morned the thought that there will be no Mother's Days with him or her on this side of Heaven. Because of this, I know Mother's Day will always be bittersweet until we are all reunited in heaven. Until that day I will continue to hug my babies here on earth and thank God for the many many blessings He has given me!

6 comments:

Gardenia said...

God bless you in your sorrow and your joy. Sending up prayers this morning for you and your saint Micah.

Jessica said...

Happy Mother's Day, dear Roxaline! Won't it be such a happy day when we are reunited with our little ones in Heaven! Until then they will be missed dearly... You remain in my prayers!!

Roxaline said...

Thank you Gardenia for the Prayers! Jessica, it will be a glorious day. It is funny but ever since I miscarried I have had a completely differant outlook on heaven. Not that I ever "feared" heaven but I was never really anxious to go. Now, I really do look forward to it (in God's timing of course!) in a way I had never done before. Strange? Maybe.

KY ICU NURSE said...

Im glad you named the baby.:)Micah is beautiful!

Josette said...

always around these holidays it is sad...but we have that much more to look forward to. God bless you.

Roxaline said...

Thanks Josette. I am so thankful for my faith and the knowledge that this life is not the end. I do not know how people get through difficulties and deaths without such hope!